Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Brownie Batter Blizzard has been HAUNTING MY DREAMS!

According to the commercial, the DQ Brownie Batter Blizzard contains, "rich brownie batter and real brownie pieces." The medium weighs in at 950 calories, 43 fat grams and 5 grams of fiber. That's 22 Weight Watchers Points, i.e. what I eat in an entire DAY. I'd rather wake up eating my pillow.

UPDATE: 8-17-2009

So, I went home for a few weeks this summer. Because LA is a soul-sucking vortex at times. Especially if you're like me, and prone to staying indoors.

There's the DQ near my house, across from a bar/restaurant that does Karaoke on the weekends. The kind of place I imagine serves rare steak really rare and well-done extra crispy and doesn't tolerate too much in-between.

Anyways, there's a DQ across from it, and I wanted, this summer, a Brownie Batter Blizzard from there. Specifically. But I told myself I couldn't have one. And ate a low-calorie snack bar. And another. Then another again. Until I successfully conquered an entire "Reduced-fat" exclamation-point box. Then, I got in the car, adjusted my mirrors, drove to the DQ, ordered my blizzard, drove home, ate three bites, and was satisfied enough to throw the soggy, beautiful mess away in the trash. Lesson learned: When you want what you want, what you settle for won't do. Even if it's low-cal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Powered By Blogger